Monday, December 05, 2005

Guard Duty

This morning I was awoken from my sleep by a call from Noel; she had overlooked a minor detail for one of her restaurants that was to open today; the authentic guards were missing. She then proceeded to ask if Alpha Squad would be willing to be the guards, I wasn't looking forward to it but when she mentioned that they were royal guards from an ancient civilisation, I agreed.

We met in the kitchen at the restaurants where Noel was to give us the costumes and explain how we were to act.
"Ok, these guards once protected royalty many thousands of years ago."
"Yes, you mentioned that when you called."
"Did I? Well anyway the most remarkable thing about these guards is that they didn't move."
"What you sayin mon? We're not to move all day?"
"Well... to put it simply... yes. However there will be the "changing of the guard" every hour, but, as there are only three guards you guys will just walk into the kitchen and then march back out."

Well, if that wasn't bad enough she made us wear the most uncomfortable costumes ever.

At least we were getting paid, I hope we were, I forgot to ask.

3 Comments:

Blogger flu said...

Hey, Commander, you got a big Ewok butt-looking thing on your head...

4:03 AM  
Blogger Noel of Neptonian said...

I want to thank you and your squad for filling in.

And don't worry you will get a nice bonus for doing this for me.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

It's like a big Q-Tip (an Earth device for cleaning out ears).

Does it itch?

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home